There are some PPC features that are not used many times, are new, or just not known to many but offer great benefits.
Settings also contain some features that are unknown as one can’t easily find them and can affect the account performance by just turning a button ‘on’ or ‘off’.
If you implement some features listed here, you will surely have a great impact on your conversions.
Here are some PPC features that are hidden but you need to know about them for gaining conversions.
1. Check the Call Reports and Recording
Are you using call extensions or call-only ads? Do you know that you can get a detailed report? You get a detailed report about the calls received through Google Ads without manually inserting any figures.
In this report you will find call time, call duration, and caller’s phone number. You can add more metrics to the report so that you can easily optimize and build strategies for phone call engagement.
You can find this report here: Reports > Predefined reports (Dimensions) > Extensions > Call details.
Google Ads also provide the ability to record the calls you receive from click-to-call ads and call extensions.
If you want you can listen or even download the recording. The recordings will be saved for 30 days and after the 30th day, those will get vanished.
The call reporting and recording options are located in the Account settings.
2. Do Remarketing for Products with Remarketing Lists
Microsoft Ads offer remarketing lists to advertisers for products that enable businesses to target the searchers depending on the exact product IDs that they interacted with and promote the same product for which they showed an interest for purchase in an advertisement.
Ads get displayed in search and the Microsoft Audience network. Google’s dynamic remarketing feature is same as this.
For this, you need to have a Microsoft Merchant Center catalog feed and also, need to insert their Microsoft Advertising UET tag on each page of your website.
3. Increase Your Conversions with Microsoft Audience Network
For getting more reach in your Microsoft Ads campaigns, John Lee, Head of Evangelism at Microsoft Advertising suggests:
Expand search campaigns to the Microsoft Audience Network:
- For increasing reach, clicks, impressions and conversions.
- Increase search to audience network by targeting keywords and audience.
- Expand images for search to create native ads for the audience network.
4. Use Message Extensions for Audience Response
Though being under-used, this extension is beneficial for SMBs that have team to reply to text messages from prospects.
Searchers can send their response to an ad via text rather than a call.
When the searcher reacts to the message “Text us for more information,” the advertiser’s message is automatically sent to the searcher via text message or forwarded email.
In this way, the advertiser can create a readymade message that the respondent can automatically use as their response to the text.
This extension is useful for repairmen, real estate agents, or consultants. This would be a great extension for real estate agents, repairmen, or consultants.
Isn’t that worthy?
5. Take the Benefit of the Search Partners
Many of you forget the feature of serving ads on search partners of Google and Microsoft. Basically, these are other search engines that the display ads run by Microsoft and Google.
For example, Microsoft solely displays its ads to Yahoo search traffic, Duck Duck Go, AOL, and many more.
You can explore two important areas for working with search partners:
- Reporting: The performance of the campaign, ad group, or keyword can be seen in Microsoft and Google Ads with the “segment” button to check the performance. On both platforms, in the Report tabs, you can see the network data.
- Settings: In the campaign settings of Google and Microsoft, there is an option exit the search partners in case the performance is not up to the mark.
6. Don’t Miss LinkedIn Profile Targeting
This is a new feature released by Microsoft Ads but can’t be found easily.
On LinkedIn, you can target audiences based on company, industry and job profile. You can increase your bids for the values that are selected within those three dimensions. These audiences are targeted by “bid only” so they won’t have an effect on the available traffic.
Below is the setup from the campaign level:
- Go to Campaigns -> Settings.
- Then scroll down and go to Campaign Targets.
- Go to Edit Target Categories.
- Select the criteria that you want to target.
- At the bottom find the targeting criteria and a link to edit it.
7. Make Your Ads Unique with Multi-Image Extensions + Multimedia Ads
Bing allows you to make your text ad visually unique by modifying it using several images. With this ad extension, five images get displayed on the first ad on the key line only.
Recently, Microsoft Ads also introduced Multimedia Ads. It will enable advertisers to make use of videos for helping their ads stand unique.
Unfortunately, this is restricted to Microsoft Advertising.
8. Get Deep Insights on Your Ads with Overlap and Outranking Information
Google Ads offers another reporting feature that enables auction insights and automated reports so that you can get information on enhancing your bidding and optimizations in your account.
As per the Digital Marketing Strategist and founder of Innovell, Anders Hjorth:
Advertisers that run a broad ecommerce operation on their ecommerce site and on marketplaces such as Amazon, and use Google shopping and other marketplaces too, can track their competitive positioning on brand, product, and category keywords.
- Navigate to the Reports menu -> Reports item and make a Custom report.
- Select the output as a Table and arrange a report by domain, keyword, and quality score (ad relevance).
- Then choose to see the search overlap rate (filter: high to low), outranking share, impression share.
You can schedule to run the report either weekly or daily.
This will act as reminder in your inbox to check the results of your campaign and manage your bidding against competitors and distributors.
At last, these are the most important hidden PPC features that you wouldn’t have found easily. Which one would you test?
Let us know the results.