Started with your business recently and also entered the online world? It means you are ready to corner the market. But it doesn’t end here. You will need to create your presence on social media platforms too. Wondering on which social media platforms should you have your presence?
Well, we are here to help you. Today, the popular social media platforms where businesses must have their presence are Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. However, the question is “Are all three important?”
Let’s dive into the details.
Looking at them, all three bestow great opportunities for connecting and engaging with your audience. This increases brand awareness and attracts traffic to your site. But they all have a different purposes.
Basically, Facebook serves to bond people with their personal connections such as family and friends. Mostly, Facebook is used for sharing photos, videos, or general updates on people’s lives.
Conversely, Twitter is used for sharing real-time data, ideas, and trending news. Twitter can be used to connect with family and friends but, it is widely used for a significant reason which is to get connected with a global audience and check the latest updates (just within 140 characters or less than that).
Next is Instagram, and you will mostly find photos and videos shared on this platform. Posting reel, and following friends and influencers is the main purpose of Instagram. In this way, users get involved in the social media community.
Yet the question about which is the best fit for your business remains unsolved. To make it easier to understand, we have broken down the pros and cons of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Twitter vs. Facebook
You have learned above that Twitter is mainly used for sharing information with the world, while Facebook is only used for connecting with your friends and family as well as sharing in-depth content.
What about Instagram?
Twitter vs. Instagram
Twitter is used for sharing ideas and learning about the news and trends in the world and Instagram is used for sharing your best photos as well as videos with your followers and also, for interacting as well as engaging your influencers.
Twitter vs. Facebook vs. Instagram Users
Now let’s take a look at the Twitter vs. Facebook vs. Instagram users.
Twitter vs. Facebook vs. Instagram: Demographics
Let’s check the possibilities of your business to reach every platform. Take a look at the below facts:
Global Twitter Demographic Facts
- Today, Twitter has 353 million monthly active users.
- 28.9% of Twitter’s audience is 25 to 34 years old.
- 80% of Twitter users are rich millennials.
Global Facebook Demographic Facts
- Today, Facebook has 2.85 billion monthly active users.
- The largest group of Facebook users is between the ages of 25 and 35 years.
- The platform has 56.4% male users as compared to 43.6% female users.
Global Instagram Demographic Facts
- Today, there are 1 billion monthly active users on Instagram.
- 320 million global Instagram users are between 18 and 24 years.
- 72% of teens use Instagram.
Twitter vs. Facebook vs. Instagram Engagement
It is important to check the quality over quantity but it is also vital to know the amount of time each site’s audience spends on the platform.
Twitter Engagement Facts
- As of Q1 2019, Twitter on average has 330 million monthly active users.
- 71% of Twitter users use it for checking the latest news.
- You need to engage users with fastly absorbable content as the platform allows only 140 characters to deliver your message.
Facebook Engagement Facts
- Facebook is the prime global social network.
- As of Q1 2021, Facebook has about 2.90 billion monthly active users.
- In a week, 2/3rd of Facebook users visit a local business page.
Instagram Engagement Facts
- Daily there are 59% of Instagram app users.
- Around a 5.6% engagement rate is observed on accounts with 1,000-5,000 followers.
- Conversely, an average 1.97% engagement rate is observed on accounts with over 1 million followers.
Keeping all these stats in mind, regardless of the followers you have, if you can engage your audience with the right content, your engagement rates on Facebook will surely increase. Here’s proof from Statista’s report about mobile social networking apps globally in 2021, by user engagement (in minutes/ month). Facebook wins by a maximum amount.
Twitter vs. Facebook vs. Instagram Usage
Check the below pointers while selecting the right platform for your business usage:
- When using Twitter as an elevator pitch for your business, convey your brand's message with less than 280 characters. Well, that’s more than enough to reach your audience quickly.
- Facebook allows you to engage with your audience in-depth. Create business pages, share videos, and images, and further encourage the potential audiences to engage with your brand (by hooking them on with 10% off if they "like" your business page, for instance).
- Instagram helps you to communicate interactively with your audience. Here there are more chances to engage your users. People on Instagram have the expectations of seeing influencers and then following brands they are interested in.
Twitter Ads vs Facebook vs Instagram Ads
- Running ads on Facebook and Instagram enables you to reach a bigger set of audience. As we know Facebook is the parent of Instagram, and they provide the same ad tools. Moreover, Facebook ads offer some good targeting tools, for considering specific points such as hobbies, purchase behavior, Facebook communities, and so on.
- Facebook offers an easy and intuitive advertising interface for the user. Facebook ads are also affordable and this is also proven by Facebook commenting that “Some people consider spending extra on a coffee as compared to their ad campaign”. Though it is based on the campaign being run, it is possible to set a budget of around $2 to $3 per day.
- Twitter too offers tools to target your audience which includes language, purchase behavior, interest, and followers. But don’t forget to note that Twitter's advertising budget is higher as compared to Facebook's.
Well, it still doesn’t matter because of the engagement rates for Twitter ads which can range from 1% to 3%. Isn’t that much higher than Facebook’s average CTR of 0.119%?
Twitter vs. Facebook vs. Instagram for Business
Coming to the end, it would be best to try all three platforms at first and then take a decision on which is the better for your brand. After a while, you will learn about the performance of your posts on these platforms, and help you to give more time to the one that works best for you. Also, since they don’t charge you for their usage, there is no harm in trying all three.